Saturday, August 11, 2012

Guess I'm taking the bus...

Good night, good night! parting is such sweet sorrow, 
That I shall say good night till it be morrow.
(Romeo and Juliet, Act Two Scene Two)

Oh yes, that's right: I just quoted Shakespeare. For my bike.

Well, it would appear that I have a split rim.  I'm not quite sure how it happened, but...<sigh> it did. And the problem is that because I have a motor assist, I have a "special" back wheel, so...it is gonna cost me more than just a typical rim. Bah! And in addition to that, the guy at the bike shop recommended that I not ride on it until it is fixed, so I had to leave the bike there. Double bah! Then, on top of that, the part won't be in until Thursday, and then it might still take a week past then. Triple bah!

So, I am bike-less for at least a week and a half. But - stay tuned!  I will still have updates including a book review, reflections on Malcolm's first day of school, and perhaps even my feeble attempts to ride one of Don's bikes. 

I miss my bike. :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment