Friday, August 3, 2012

Taking a little break...

Well, I'm taking a break from bike commuting because my parents are in town visiting. I have to say, it's a mixed bag of emotions, going bike-less for a few days. Part of me is relieved to have a little break, and to have the advantage of a car to run a bunch of errands (I'm still a little afraid of the 7-8 mile trek to the neighboring town that holds most of the "major" stores). But I'm getting restless! My legs are a little antsy from not exercising, and I kind of miss the fresh air.  Wait...is it possible?  Am I...starting to like the outdoors?

I plan to reflect on these things - and more! - in the days to come, but thought I'd just post a quick update to let y'all know that I might not post for a few days while the 'rents are visiting. In the meantime, please let me know if you have any questions about this process, any of the equipment I use, etc.  I know that someone out there is reading this thing, because in a little over one week, I already have more than half the number of page views that I had for my other blog  OVER FOUR YEARS! So, perhaps there is some interest in this bike commuting thing? Oh - and my blog posts won't be limited to just bike commuting. I will soon be testing out public transit, and may also eventually try the U-car program on campus. After I named this blog, I actually had a micro-instant of regret where I thought, "I should have named this blog the Car-Free Commuter!  It would have been more accurate!" But, I'm still hoping to make the bike my primary mode of transportation.

Anyway...Questions! NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment