Monday, August 6, 2012

Who Am I, and What Have I Done With Myself?

That question sounds a lot better when it's not so reflexive.  Let me try this again: "Who is Tana, and what has biking done with her?" Hm. A little better.

My parents just visited for 5 days. As a result, I did not ride my bike for 5 days. In some ways it was nice to take a break, but I found myself getting antsy. Unbelievably, I asked Don this evening if he would like to get out and go for a bike ride. This is absolutely incredible because (a) I have historically needed to be prodded to go out on bike rides and (b) I knew that the lateness of the hour during which I suggested going out would mean that we would be riding home in the dark, which still freaks me out. I have to say, though...it was SO GREAT. We rode over to campus and tossed the Frisbee around, which turned out to be quite entertaining for my husband and son (let's just say that I'm not going to be coveted by any Ultimate teams any time soon). Then, we stopped and got some ice cream for the boy and some coffee beverages for us. It was such a nice, relaxing evening.

I want to point out that this is so "not me."  Or - it wasn't me even just three weeks ago. It's amazing to me how quickly I've taken to biking.  I mention this because if there is anyone reading this who thinks "my goodness, I could never do that" - well, I thought the same thing!  And if I had just sat inside hanging out on the computer or whatever, I would've have missed not only this amazing view:


...but also a beautiful array of stars on the way home. So, get out and get moving! You won't regret it.

(...and yes, the duck mocked me again.)

3 comments:

  1. I like your blog Tana! it is fun to read about your adventures! Are you nervous about winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dusty! A little nervous about winter, but I always have the bus as a backup. :-) Luckily, winters here aren't as cold as Toledo, and my husband has all kinds of advice and research on cold weather gear...

    ReplyDelete